Sunday, September 18, 2005

Yes it is an update!!

Well I have not updated for a while reason is I now have a girlfriend so there ya go a miracle has happend lol!
First off I would like to congratulate my education establishment for gaining full University status. It is the start of something special for them. I also recently purchased an SD Card MP3 player with 128MB internal memory, FM Radio and voice recorder, I can also use it as USB flash stick and SD Card Reader. Its very nice I got it from ebay.

Next up is the recently unveiled Revoltion Controller

The remote control looking device on the left is the main unit using sensors put beside the TV, the Revolution will be able to pin point your movement and how fast you move the device, on the left is the numchuck expansion and is the first of many expansions for the revolution, it adds an anolugue stick and two triggers. Now I know what you are thinking? and that is why? Well it can open up now oppertunities for creativity in games take a look at this video to get some ideas. It could also give current genres a new feel to it like First Person Shooters. So what about traditional games and the wealth of downloadable games that will be availiable, well Nintendo are going to create a shell where you insert the remote like device in and it will play like a normal controller with motion sensor.
So what about the reaction? Well the press and some hardcore gamers love it but the rest are laughing because it does look like a remote control and at first glance people will not see whats it's about, this will be a problem for Nintendo, perhaps if Nintendo revealed the shell then it looked a bit better. Nintendo should advertise it a kinda detachable controller with motion sensor. Its not the final design so lets see what happens.

The DS has now got its most technical challenge to date with a port of Burnout Legends from PSP.


Monkey ball on DS, Its looks better in action then the screenshots.

Speaking of portables the PSP sold an impressive 185,000 units at launch betaing the DS by nearly 100K. Nintendo have a real challenge in europe as they have never had such big copmpetition since Sega's Game Gear. Perhaps Nintendogs will spike sales for DS like it has in the states.

M3 is being sold by Divineo China, they are shipping the CF version with the SD version coming by the end of the month. The SD version is pictured below, its only 1cm smaller then the CF version which is a dissapointment but I'll still get it.

I'll be selling loads of stuff on Ebay later tonight to raise money to buy M3, take a look.
Finally GBAX are selling the GP2X for a stunning £125 with Special UK Delivery for £129. It has also been unveiled that you'll be able to connect the GP2X to the TV which means that you'll be able to play emulators and movies using the GP2X. Sounds great :D

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A girlfriend, huh!? I bet he...I mean she is very nice ;-)

Wow! Can't believe that Worcester University College is no more - mind you, it was about time it achieved full University status! I like their new website - it's a lot better than the old one!

I was thinking of getting an SD based MP3 player not so long ago, but decided to buy an iRiver H10 instead (got 60% off else). I've still got a half written review for it that's been sitting around on my hard-disk, unfinished for weeks now LOL

'Revolution' controller: my brother and I have just spent the past 45 minutes trying to form an opinion on it; in the end, I decided I'd need to be able to play with the actual unit for a few hours before making my judgement. If the D-Pad is comfortable to use and the sensor technology works well it could be a winner - otherwise it could be a *REAL* duffer!

Gah! I want the SD version of the M3! I wonder what the final price will be - I'm still really tempted to buy the SuperCard (found it w/ SuperPass for only £45 yesterday) but I have no money (so what's new LOL), so it looks like I'll have to wait a while before buying either of the units!!

I saw GBAX.COM's beta site before launch (Craig wanted people to try and crash it before it went live to the public), but again, I'm broke so can't afford the GP2X anyway!

It's interesting to see that he's used a similar font & colour scheme as my own for some of the text on the top-right where it says 'videos pictures links'! Thief! I demand he send me free stuff as compensation for using my design ROFL

4:04 am  
Blogger shinshade said...

lol make him pay, 45 for supercard and super pass is decent, when I get M3 I'll review it. I put some ROMs on it that supercard had problems with to compare it. I'm sure that with the revo controller you'll be able to set the sensitivity and you just now that Wario Ware is going to be made.

9:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Wario Ware is pretty much a given...

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the M3 when you get it - your review has the potential to sway it for me so make sure you don't get it wrong ;-)

You seen the PS3 'Resident Evil 5' trailer? It looks rather yummy even if I do say myself :D

6:16 pm  
Blogger shinshade said...

Na I haven't, I haven't looked to much as the next gen games, I do hope they do a Revolution version, has good potential with the controller.

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]25th March 2009 For those of you who are reading this article right now on how to find out more about paint finishes congratulations . Recommendations Problem recognition: Advertising and communication of your shoes products are essential to be visible [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]cheap toms shoes for women[/url] to potential customers . Jeff Schuman

E-Marketing Is Income At Home A Scam - The Truth Revealed

13th August 2012 Do you wish to get an answer to the question, is income at home a scam? Then you have located the perfect article to read since you are about to have the [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]toms shoes for kids[/url] truth finally revealed to you . My job [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]cheap toms shoes sale[/url] was to stuff the brochures and seal the envelopes . Some times, our phone's call . By simply understanding how consumer behavior [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]discount toms shoes outlet[/url] functions is a major benefit for any organization.[/p]

1:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]25th March 2009 For those of you who are reading this article right now on how to find out more about paint finishes congratulations . Recommendations Problem recognition: Advertising and communication of your shoes products are essential to be visible [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]cheap toms shoes for women[/url] to potential customers . Jeff Schuman

E-Marketing Is Income At Home A Scam - The Truth Revealed

13th August 2012 Do you wish to get an answer to the question, is income at home a scam? Then you have located the perfect article to read since you are about to have the [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]toms shoes for kids[/url] truth finally revealed to you . My job [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]cheap toms shoes sale[/url] was to stuff the brochures and seal the envelopes . Some times, our phone's call . By simply understanding how consumer behavior [url=http://www.ccheaptomsshoes.com]discount toms shoes outlet[/url] functions is a major benefit for any organization.[/p]

1:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home