Saturday, May 14, 2005

X-Box 360. PSO Stuff

On Thursday M$ unveiled the X-box 360 on MTV. It has Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each, 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM, Removable 20GB Harddrive, Wireless controllers. All the information can be found here. There was also a lot of games unveiled, I haven't looked at them all yet so I'll pick out a few in the next update they can be found here.
Picture below is the final Design, it looks a lot better then the original X-box and the front can be flipped off so make way for custom designs. Lots of design pics here


The Design of the controller is similer to that of the controller S, the controller is completly wireless and can be charged using a docking station and you can charge whilst playing, hats off to M$ for that great idea.
The medium for this is not HD-DVD as rumours suggested but its a normal DVD-Drive, the drive will be compatible with Dual Layer DVDs meaning over 9GB of data on a single disc, HD- DVD was not used due to the expense of the technology which is a wise move but it could come back to haunt if Nintendo use a much bigger medium and of course Sony is using the much larger Blu Ray, using a smaller disc size then the competition really effected Nintendo with the Gamecube. The removable hard drive is in meaning that you can all your data to your friends off, a good feature to have. Again the prime focus of X-Box 360 is to create a large community via X-Box live this can be seen in this video.
XBox 360 has a few nice features, many decent looking games coming to it but when you get over the graphics and sound you could just end playing games that are very similer to ones we play now, there is nothing in this console that will inovate gameplay at the moment but you never know I could be proved wrong by the time the console launches.

Don't Slip

PSO:BB has gone into Beta, it can be downloaded from File Planet and is free for six weeks, a few thing have changed as well. Pic of me is below

IGN have also got a new trailer of PSU take a look. there are also two gameplay movies floating around the net Number 1 & Number 2. This game is looking awesome and is the true sequal to PSO. I can't wait.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, what a post! I think that Microsoft have set up a bit of a false economy with the HD-DVD; regular DVDs are far, far, far too easy to pirate and they'll lose a fortune by not adapting the format in some way!

Not signed up to PSO:BB yet - not keen on spending a small fortune on PSO just yet - LOL. Was going to, but I fear for my sanity and I have exams coming up in the next few weeks, and I know where I should be spending my time ;)

OMG! I'd not seen any PSU in-game footage before and it looks AMAZING! Not happy about having to use a PS2 to play it, as the controller doesn't really suit MMORPGs in my opinion, but by golly I'm willing to adapt if those videos are anywhere near accurate (just a heads-up: the second link needs a bit of tweaking).

5:37 pm  
Blogger shinshade said...

Yeah I would have prefered a cube version but I'm gonna get the PC version of PSU as I have a device called Trio Linker which means I can use a DC or a PS2 ort a GC pad.
I think you are right about the DVD thing.

8:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog about 07 360 box madden x found it very informative. I found a good website which also features 07 360 box madden x and 07 360 box madden x. The link is great for **uk bargains** including Nintendo Wii, PS2, PS3, games consoles and features famous online stores inc Argos, Marks and Spencer, Empire Direct, LX Direct, Tesco, Next. There is also a chance to play online bingo and try your luck at the online gambling sites available inc roulette, poker and fruit machines. I've also found another site for **free soccer links**. Hope you find these sites interesting - all the best!

12:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home